We get it: You need Lady Antebellum now. Unfortunately, youll have to wait until Saturday. Thats when the Grammy-winning country music trio comes to the Columbus Civic Center for a concert that will also feature country acts Darius Rucker and Thompson Square.
Known for hits like Need You Now and American Honey, Lady Antebellum has built a following that extends beyond the country music world.
Still cant wait for Saturdays show? Here are 10 random facts to tide you over until the big night.
1. Lady Antebellum consists of three musicians, none of whom are married to each other. Thompson Square consists of two musicians who are married to each other. Darius Rucker is just Darius Rucker, unless you bring up the Blowfish. But thats another story for another time.
2. Two Lady Antebellum members -- Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood -- are University of Georgia alums.
3. Peruse YouTube and youll find countless Need You Now covers, by artists ranging from amateur musicians to the Glee cast to Adele/Darius Rucker.
4. Lady Antebellum formed in 2006. Capitol Nashville signed the act to a record deal by April 2007.
5. The musicians from Lady Antebellum recently posted a Flashback Friday tweet that directed followers to their first No. 1 hit from 2009. That tune? I Run to You.
6. Hillary Scott, a member of Lady Antebellum, was reportedly rejected by American Idol -- twice.
7. While touring, the musicians from Lady Antebellum are particularly fond of a certain sport: ping pong. Visit the acts website and you can watch a video of The Lady A Ping Pong Classic.
8. Last month, Lady Antebellum received the seventh Grammy of their career.
9. Ever heard of Club La Bellum? Its not a hip downtown nightclub, but rather the backstage area where Lady Antebellum hangs out while touring.
10. All three of Saturdays acts interact with their fans on Twitter. At press time, Lady Antebellum had just over 625,800 Twitter followers, Darius Rucker had over 137,500 followers and Thompson square had over 29,700 followers.