Small fire started at Hannan Elementary

spedersen@ledger-enquirer.comOctober 3, 2012 

A small bathroom fire was started at Hannan Elementary this morning just a few minutes after school began, according to Valerie Fuller, director of communications for the Muscogee County School District.

Fuller said a first grade student allegedly started a fire with matches and a toilet paper roll in a bathroom. There have been no injuries reported.

The students and staff remained outside for several minutes while emergency officials and the fire department put out the contained fire. Fuller said school started "just a little bit late."

Stay with www.ledger-enquirer.com for more on this story.

Ledger-Enquirer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service