Columbus man charged in mobile home park shooting

jmustian@ledger-enquirer.comNovember 26, 2012 

Columbus police have charged a local man in connection with a shooting last week in the Pine Grove Mobile Home Park. Antonio R. Tucker, 35, pleaded not guilty this morning in Recorder's Court to aggravated assault and related weapons and drug charges.

The shooting happened about 11 p.m. Friday at 3150 Plateau Drive, lot 419, and sent 27-year-old Robert Lee Walker Jr. to the hospital with a wounded hand, authorities said. Detective Patrick Knight of the Columbus Police Department said Walker had been trying to leave the area when he was approached by a group of about five men.

Tucker allegedly began firing at Walker with a snub-nose revolver, and one of the bullets struck the man in his left hand. Knight said the hospitalized victim identified Tucker in a six-man photo lineup. Tucker denies the charges and shook his head throughout his initial court appearance this morning.

While the shooting happened Friday night, Tucker wasn't arrested until Saturday afternoon. A police officer patrolling the area of Sixth Avenue and 33rd Street said he noticed Tucker behaving furtively, walking away from the officer as he passed. The officer approached him and placed him in custody after he saw Tucker placing what appeared to be a weapon on the ground.

Tucker allegedly had about $120 worth of crack cocaine on his person. Police also seized a .38-caliber revolver with three bullets, according to a police report.

Judge Michael Cielinksi ordered Tucker held without bond.

Ledger-Enquirer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service