Four Columbus apartments damaged in cooking fire on Pam Court

benw@ledger-enquirer.comDecember 4, 2012 

Cooking materials left unattended on a stove were blamed in a Monday fire that caused about $250,000 in damages to an apartment complex on Pam Court, Columbus fire officials said.

Fire Marshal Ricky Shores of the Columbus Fire and Emergency Medical Services said the fire ignited about 5 p.m. and caused extensive damage to one apartment and smoke damage to three other units.

It took firefighters about 20 minutes to get the fire under control.

A firefighter sustained a minor injury while battling the blaze. His name and injuries weren’t disclosed but he was treated at the hospital and released, Shores said.

Ledger-Enquirer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service