The sixth annual Char-Broil Pig Bowl kicks off Friday, April 26, as part of the weekend's Bash on the Banks event at Woodruff Park on Bay Street. On Friday, the Pig Bowl features a Peoples Choice competition which gives the public an opportunity to taste samples from barbecue competitors and vote for their favorite Que. Saturday theres a car show, the KCBS Char-Broil Pig Bowl judging and a new Best Burger grilling contest. Live music both days with The Relics performing 6:30-10:30 p.m. Friday. Free to attend. Bring cash for food and drinks. Visit www.bashonthebanks.com for more information.
- Muscogee County Teacher of the Year semifinalists announced
- Suspect arrested in Columbus Inn Motel shooting
- Coroner: Bed-ridden man killed in Samson Avenue fire
- Former Ranger Todd Robinson qualifies for U.S. Senate primary
- Columbus State University
- CV Hall of Fame
- Georgia Tech
- Kendrick girls topple powerhouse Wesleyan to win Class AA state title
- David Mitchell commentary: Nobody deserves a state title like these Lady Cherokees
- Cougars fall to USC-Aiken 69-64
- Tim Hudson turns to next chapter of his career
- Blogs & Columns
- Dimon Kendrick-Holmes: Step forward and a step backward
- Ryan Black commentary: Tabling of 10-second proposal won't stop Nick Saban
- UPDATE: Olympian Shannon Szabados joining Cottonmouths
- Alva James-Johnson: 'Thank you, Dad, for staying'
- Photos & Video
- Kendrick Class AA State Champions vs Wesleyan
- Kendrick Wins Over Wesleyan State Championship GHSA Class AA Girls Basketball
- A few minutes with Senior Assistant District Attorney LaRae Moore
- Latoria Foster testifies about the loss of her brother Charles Foster Jr.
- Local Deals