Fire causes $100,000 worth of damage at Northfield Drive residence

tstevens@ledger-enquirer.comJune 12, 2013 

An electrical fire caused $100,000 worth of damage to a residence on Northfield Drive Tuesday, according to the Columbus Fire Department.

Fire Marshal Ricky Shores said that the fire began at about 8:25 p.m. at 7514 Northfield Drive. The fire began in the attic due to faulty wiring, Shores said.

The fire caused extensive damage to the house. Property damage was estimated at $20,000.

One resident was home when the fire began. No injuries were reported.

Ledger-Enquirer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service