Dawn Court resident causes stove fire after falling asleep while cooking chicken fingers

tstevens@ledger-enquirer.comJune 14, 2013 

A fire caused $5,000 worth of damage to a Dawn Court home Thursday morning after a resident fell asleep while cooking chicken fingers, according to the Columbus Fire Department.

Fire fighters responded to the 4500 block of Dawn Court Thursday at about 12:14 a.m. Chief Greg Lang said the fire was already out when fire fighters arrived.

The fire caused $5,000 in smoke damage to the property, Lang said. No injuries were reported.

Ledger-Enquirer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service