Get Fido's best costume ready and start practicing his favorite trick for the Saturday Aug. 31 Bark in the Park event at F. D. Roosevelt State Park. A dog summer costume parade and best trick competition will be held at 6:30 p.m. Registration is $2. Awards will be given. A guided forest romp along a 1-mile trail is set for 7 p.m. and from 5-7 p.m. a trainer and veterinarian will be available to discuss training and medical concerns. Meet next to the trading post at the park's campground. Free but Georgia State Parks require a $5 park pass fee per vehicle.
- Muscogee County Teacher of the Year semifinalists announced
- Thunder in the Valley flies into action March 15-16
- Suspect arrested in Columbus Inn Motel shooting
- Coroner: Bed-ridden man killed in Samson Avenue fire
- Columbus State University
- CV Hall of Fame
- Georgia Tech
- Kendrick girls topple powerhouse Wesleyan to win Class AA state title
- David Mitchell commentary: Nobody deserves a state title like these Lady Cherokees
- Cougars fall to USC-Aiken 69-64
- Tim Hudson turns to next chapter of his career
- Blogs & Columns
- Dimon Kendrick-Holmes: Step forward and a step backward
- Ryan Black commentary: Tabling of 10-second proposal won't stop Nick Saban
- UPDATE: Olympian Shannon Szabados joining Cottonmouths
- Alva James-Johnson: 'Thank you, Dad, for staying'
- Photos & Video
- Kendrick Class AA State Champions vs Wesleyan
- Kendrick Wins Over Wesleyan State Championship GHSA Class AA Girls Basketball
- A few minutes with Senior Assistant District Attorney LaRae Moore
- Latoria Foster testifies about the loss of her brother Charles Foster Jr.
- Local Deals