Tests negative for Jarvis Jones

Injury tests came back negative for former Bulldog defender

kprice@ledger-enquirer.comAugust 25, 2013 

Pittsburgh linebacker Jarvis Jones was released from a Pittsburgh hospital Sunday afternoon, the Steelers said.

Jones, a rookie who is a former Carver High and Georgia standout, was taken to the hospital with a chest injury Saturday night after being tackled following an interception in the fourth quarter of a game against Kansas City at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.

The 17th overall pick in the draft lay on the turf for several moments before walking to the sideline.

He sat on the bench talking to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger before being placed on a stretcher and taken out of the stadium as a precaution.

The Steelers said that tests were negative.

However, they did not say what kind of tests were run.

The injury happened as the Chiefs had a third-and-5 from the Pittsburgh 45-yard line early in the fourth quarter.

Quarterback Chase Daniel threw a short pass to Devon Wylie, which Jones picked off.

He returned it 22 yards to the Kansas City 36 where he was tackled by tight end Kevin Brock.

The interception was nullified by a pass interference penalty on defensive back Josh Victorian.

In the Steelers' three preseason games, Jones has made seven tackles and forced a fumble.

He is locked in a battle with Jason Worilds, a four-year veterans from Virginia Tech, for the starting job at right outside linebacker.

The Steelers close out the preseason Thursday at Carolina.

-- Associated Press contributed to this report

Ledger-Enquirer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service