AUBURN, Ala. No need for a long intro this morning.
Let's head right into the links.
1. As if things surrounding Johnny Manziel couldn't get any crazier, CBS will have a camera specifically trained on the sophomore quarterback for the duration of Saturday's game against top-ranked Alabama.
2. At least he was honest. Or not. Texas head coach Mack Brown said Monday that his firing of defensive coordinator Manny Diaz over the weekend shouldn't be viewed as "a sign of panic" as the Longhorns try to figure out how to plug gaping holes in a unit that allowed a school-record 550 rushing yards to BYU last week.
3. Starting quarterback news, Part I: Cincinnati signal-caller Munchie Legaux is gone for the season after suffering a gruesome leg injury against Illinois over the weekend. Tommy Tuberville's team will now turn things over to Brendon Kay, who had some success when he played last season by throwing for 1,298 yards and 10 touchdowns (against just two interceptions).
4. Starting quarterback news, Part II: Southern Cal head coach Lane Kiffin said Monday that Cody Kessler is the man for the job going forward. However, he refused to provide any details as to how he came to this decision.
5. Starting quarterback news, Part III: Oklahoma's Trevor Knight likely won't practice for the next two weeks and is expected to miss Saturday's game versus Tulsa. Instead, Junior Blake Bell will try to hold down the fort until Knight's return.
6. What happened at UCLA on Monday was embarrassing to the journalism profession. Bruins head coach Jim Mora was giving his thoughts on Nick Pasquale, a walk-on receiver killed in a car accident over the weekend. Incredibly, one media member elected to answer his phone and began talking at the same time as Mora. Perturbed, the coach stormed out of the press conference. To his credit, Mora finished speaking with reporters later.
7. Purdue safety Landon Feichter played with two broken hands last week against Indiana State. He won't be able to take the field Saturday against Notre Dame, however, after breaking his leg in last week's game.