ATHENS - Have you ever heard the saying "the sky's the limit" and been annoyed? Well, so has Ray Drew.
The Georgia junior defensive end had this to say when discussing his recent success.
"One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say the sky is the limit. Because we've landed on the moon," Drew said. "So that goes to show that we can go beyond what we think we can do."
It's the latest quotable quote from Drew, who admits in the video above that he saw that quote on Facebook. But he said this quote, which he uttered a couple weeks ago, was his own. This was back before he had a run of three sacks in two games:
I say were living in a microwave era. We want it quick; we want it now. But some of the best food comes out of the Crock Pot. It has to sit and melt for a while. I guess you could say Ive been on the Crock Pot plan.
It hasnt been as quick as a lot of people wouldve liked. It hasnt been as quick as I wouldve liked it. But I believe something good is gonna come out of the Crock Pot.
And then boom, three sacks in two games.
That's a lesson to you young football players: Give good quotes, and success soon follows.
So let's rate all the Ray Drew-isms:
1. The "crock pot" analogy. (Sept. 2013)
2. "I stand close enough to him so if he farts I can smell it." (Oct. 2011, on trying to get defensive coordinator Todd Grantham to put him in the game.)
3. "My biggest pet peeve is when people say the sky is the limit. Because we've landed on the moon." (Oct. 2013)
4. "It all goes back to that five-star, or four-star, however you want to put it. One thing I realized is that I didn't ask for any of those stars." (March 2013)
5. "It's electric. You know it's there. You feel it in the air." (Discussing Phil Collins' song "In the Air Tonight", Aug. 2013).