AUBURN, Ala. I suppose I could invoke, "Guess what day it is?" Most people seem to understand the reference to the popular Geico "camel" commercial by now.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm referring to the fact it's Wednesday morning, which means 7 at 7 will take a stroll around the Southeastern Conference.
1. Tuesday's 7 at 7 linked to a story about the official press conference for the "Battle at Bristol," which will see Virginia Tech and Tennessee face off at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016. As cool as the idea is, don't expect any other games held at racetracks to become routine.
2. Hugh Freeze took issue with something a fan said to him as he walked off the field following last Saturday's Ole Miss/Texas A&M game. On Tuesday, the Rebels head coach addressed the matter. Check out the transcript of his response here.
3. Forget these newfangeld up-tempo spread offenses. As ESPN.com's Alex Scarborough writes, the Arkansas offense Alabama is preparing to face is a blast from the past.
4. That Florida is struggling on offense is nothing new. Losing starting tailback Matt Jones for the rest of the season due to a torn meniscus suffered against LSU won't help matters. Defensively, the Gators lost the anchor to their line in tackle Dominique Easley. Add other ailments some of Florida's key players are dealing with, and head coach Will Muschamp admitted this is the most injury-plagued season of his career.
5. Speaking of injuries, both Missouri head coach Gary Pinkel and quarterback James Franklin took time Monday to respond to reports about the extent of time the signal-caller will miss after injuring his shoulder in last Saturday's win against Georgia. Though two different anonymous reports had him missing five weeks or possibly the rest of the season, Pinkel believes Franklin is on a far shorter timetable, as the senior is expected back in three to five weeks.
6. What's the status of Texas A&M star defensive back Deshazor Everett heading into Saturday's game against Auburn? According to head coach Kevin Sumlin, Everett is "probably probable." Check out more of Sumlin had to say in this roundup from his Tuesday press conference.
7. How will the second half of the season play out in the SEC? ESPN.com SEC blogger Edward Aschoff offers his take and names five games to watch before the end of the year.