Continental Salon reconstruction sparks fire, causes smoke damage

tstevens@ledger-enquirer.comJanuary 22, 2014 

A small fire sparked by reconstruction work at Continental Salon near the 13th Street Piggly Wiggly caused minor smoke damage Wednesday morning, according to officials.

Columbus Fire Department Battalion Chief Keith Watson said construction workers were working on AC units when a fire sparked around 9:30 a.m. The fire caused sparse damage to the salon and minor damage to the Med Exam adjacent to it.

Piggly Wiggly and Flowers & Gifts, both in the same shopping center, were spared damage.

An estimate of the damages was not available.

Ledger-Enquirer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service