1. Rape probe at Carmike 15: Authorities are investigating an alleged sexual assault they say may have happened in the restroom of the Carmike 15 on Whittlesey Boulevard. Although they're still investigating, they do not believe it is linked to two other rapes reported in the past two weeks.
2. Lonnie Ragan guilty of murder: Once convicted for fatally stabbing someone in 2004, Lonnie Ragan was on trial all week for gunning down Holly Hearn after a dispute over custody of his child. Late Friday, a six-woman, six-man jury found Ragan guilty of two counts of murder, three counts of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He faces life in prison without the possibility of parole when Muscogee County Superior Court Judge Gil McBride sentences him Thursday at 9 a.m.
3. LaRae Moore to leave DA's office: Senior Assistant District Attorney LaRae Moore said Tuesday she will leave the district attorney's office this summer for a position with Hatcher Stubbs.
4. Locals qualify for upcoming elections: The mayor will face opposition in May as several locals qualified this week for the upcoming elections. Three school board and three council members will face opposition in May. State Rep. Debbie Buckner will face attorney Stacey Jackson in the November General Election.
5. Woman dies in Smiths Station house fire: Carrie Rhodes, 55, was found dead in her Smiths Station, Ala., house when firefighters arrived to the significantly damaged home. Officials think the fire began in the kitchen.