August 31 marks the anniversary of Princess Diana’s death in a horrific car crash in Paris. This tragedy, although 10 years old, continues to elicit a mix of emotions, including sorrow, anger, frustration and fear.
Loyal fans recall the endless charity work, joyous moments and graceful anguish of the shy princess once married to Prince Charles. The dignified and unselfish manner in which she reached out to the poor, sick and abused are traits etched in the hearts and minds of many.
The nation, once again, mourns her passing. But who really knew the Princess of Wales?
Today, thanks to the more than 200 books written about her royal existence, the world probably knows more than it needs to about the life, tragic death and legacy of Princess Diana.
Never miss a local story.
The 20 books listed below were chosen to include a wide range of interests, from Princess Diana’s failed marriage to the choices she made that led to her demise.
- In Person: The Prince and Princess of Wales, Alastair Burnet
- Charles and Diana, Ralph Martin
- Diana: In Pursuit of Love, Andrew Morton
- Learning About Charity from the Life of Princess Diana, Caroline M. Levchu
- Diana’s Diary: an Intimate Portrait of HRH The Princess of Wales, Andrew Morton
- The Real Diana, Lady Colin Campbell
- Diana: Portrait of a Princess, Jayne Fincher, Judy Wade
- Diana Princess of Wales, Mother-To-be, Sandra Barwick
- The Diana I Knew: Loving Memories ... , Mary Robertson
- Diana: The Secret Years, Simone Simmons
- Diana, Charles & the Queen, William Heyen
- Diana vs. Charles: Royal Blood Feud, James Whitaker,
- Portraits of a Princess: Travels With Diana, Patrick Jephson
- Diana: Her Life in Fashion, Georgina Howell
- Diana : A Tribute, Julia Delano
- Diana & Dodi: A Love Story, Rene Delorm, Barry Fox, Nadine Taylor
- Ever After: Diana and the Life She Led, Anne Edwards
- Flowers for Princess Diana, Chuck N. Baker, Ian Jackman
- The Diana Conspiracy Exposed, Martyn Gregory
- Diana: A Princess Remembered, Glenn Harvey
Sources: Amazon.com; AbeBooks.com; Barnes&Noble.com