Nervous about that big speech? Here are some public speaking tips from Toastmasters:
1. Know your material and pick a topic you are interested in.
2. Practice the speech.
3. Know your audience.
4. Relax. Begin by addressing the audience, then pause, smile and count to three before saying anything. It will calm your nerves.
5. Visualize yourself giving the speech.
6. Realize that the audience wants you to succeed and give a good speech.
7. Don’t apologize for being nervous, the audience probably won’t notice anyway.
8. Concentrate on your message, not on your own anxieties.