Hmmmm . . . guilty pleasures. I've pretty much always got one thing I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I like. Like that one Dave Matthews song or Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and Quantum Leap marathons on the Syfy Channel.
But lately, and this is the first time I'm really admitting this, I really enjoy The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
Here are 5 reasons why (in no particular order):
1) Oh, the drama! I loved Dawson's Creek back in its heyday, but this group of teens puts the Capeside kids to shame. It's like their lives revolve around sex.
Never miss a local story.
2) Leo Boykewich, aka The Sausage King, aka Ben's dad. He's probably one of the few redeeming characters in the show, someone you would actually want to be a part of your family. Not that all the other characters are bad, but this guy just really seems to have his priorities straight.
3) It's fairly predictable. I'm probably quite a bit older than the target audience, but I like the predictability. It's fun and entertaining television.
4) It's on Netflix instant stream. This may be a lame reason, but it's often the first reason I even watch anything at all.
5) And finally, I just don't really know. I've tried to come up with one good reason that I watch this show, but I can't. I don't find the acting to be stellar or the storylines overly compelling. But when my husband's working and I've been studying all day on a Saturday, it's a really nice break. I just like it.
Season four of Secret Life premieres at 8 p.m. March 28 on ABC Family.
Share your favorite guilty pleasure in the comments ... if you're not too embarrassed.