While many of you watched the Golden Globes Sunday night, I opted for a less glamorous corner of pop culture: a place where butter and sugar make everything better.
I'm talking about the Thanksgiving-themed episode of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo."
It marked the debut of the McIntyre, Ga., clan's new pet: a chicken named Nugget. Speaking of animals, Mama June cooked a turkey named Billy Bob for Thanksgiving dinner. And even though Pumpkin suffered a detached retina from her unfortunate key accident, she recovered in time to enjoy a Thanksgiving food fight.
Interestingly enough, there was at least one Honey Boo Boo reference during the Golden Globes. While accepting the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement, Jodie Foster said, "I am not Honey Boo Boo Child."
Never miss a local story.
That's good. We don't need more than one. Here are the top 15 lines from Sunday's Thanksgiving episode:
1. "I think Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1942. Ain't that Thanksgiving?" - Chubbs
2. "Power tools are a blast." - Honey Boo Boo
3. "Our scarecrow looks like Mama. It's a Junecrow." - Honey Boo Boo
4. "The Indians lost everything and just got a crappy meal and casinos." - Honey Boo Boo
5. "Your hands are your best utensils." - Mama
6. "It's a multi-meal." - Mama, describing her habit of combining everything in the refrigerator into one meal
7. "We're not animals. We're not rabbits. We're people." - Honey Boo Boo, describing why she doesn't like salad
8. "We love to sleep, sleep, eat and sleep some more." - Mama
9. "They call me Dr. Boolittle." - Honey Boo Boo
10. "I'll be your big fat turkey." - Mama
11. "Nugget poops wherever she well pleases. And so do I." - Honey Boo Boo
12. "This is the food of the gods." - Honey Boo Boo, describing canned cranberry sauce
13. "Butter and sugar makes everything taste better." - Mama
14. "If it's not in a can, it's not for us." - Mama
15. "Have a good Thanksgiving. Amen." - Honey Boo Boo, saying a prayer before Thanksgiving dinner