By now, you've probably heard about this Deadspin story that says Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, is a hoax.
You've also probably heard about Notre Dame's response to the story. The response says, "On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te'o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia."
In cases like this, what would we do without Twitter? Here are my top 10 favorite tweets about the news that the Notre Dame linebacker's dead girlfriend was apparently a hoax.
1. "About this Te'o story. Who makes up a dead girlfriend other than George Castanza?" (@chrisrose)
Never miss a local story.
2. "No judgement right now on Te'o story...but watch the show Catfish..this could've happened.." (@erinandrews)
3. "Brent Musberger hasn't seen Te'o's girlfriend either, but he is assured, real or fake, that she is smokin.'" (@ballsdotie)
4. "Manti Te'o might see his draft prospects drop but he should probably be No. 1 in the fantasy draft. (@DanMacEachern)
5. "Manti Te'o's life is like the movie "Ghost" if you replace the pottery with football and the ghost with pathologically lying about loss." (@agentbizzle)
6. "Imma let you finish, Lance, but Manti Te'o had one of the best sports-related hoaxes of all time. OF ALL TIME!" (@JBrodkin)
7. "Has Darnell Dockett started hitting on Te'o's fake girlfriend via Twitter yet?" (@sportspickle)
8. "Reports are swirling that Manti Te'o also doesn't exist after the inability to locate him in the BCS Championship Game." (@EvilMikeTomlin)
9. "These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead." (@sethmeyers21)
10. "The Te'o story had to shatter every record for time people wasted trying to come up w/ their reaction tweet. This one took almost 4 minutes." (@SportsLawGuy)