In some fans’ eyes, Brad Paisley was the entertainer of the year before he had the title to prove it.
Make no mistake: Snagging the Country Music Association’s entertainer of the year award in November was certainly a honor, especially since Paisley had been nominated multiple times.
Going into the ceremony, he’d already won 13 CMA Awards in categories other than the association’s biggest award.
He went home happy in 2010, winning the entertainer of the year honor and delivering an emotional acceptance speech.
Never miss a local story.
Paisley brings his H2O Frozen Over Tour to the Columbus Civic Center Friday with special guests Darius Rucker and Jerrod Niemann.
The CMA win solidified what Paisley’s die-hard fans already knew.
Paisley is one of modern country music’s major faces, offering a down-to-earth appeal that transcends star power.
Take, for example, his official Twitter account -- which includes musings like “Lafayette? More like Lafayawesome” and “Birmingham? More like Awesomeham.”
With a new album on the way, Paisley’s likely not content with regarding the entertainer of the year award as a one-time deal.
Think you know Paisley? Take our quiz:
1. It was a big deal when Paisley won entertainer of the year at the CMAs, largely because he had been nominated so many times. He’d been nominated every year since when?
2. Who was Paisley’s co-host at the 2010 CMAs?
3. You might know Paisley’s wife, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, from a popular comedy film in which she starred alongside Steve Martin. Name that movie.
4. What was Paisley’s first No. 1 single?
5. Name Paisley’s home state.
6. On his website, Paisley says his wife inspired him to write a song about falling in love with someone who is a perfectionist. What is that song’s title?
7. Paisley’s fans are looking forward to the release of a new studio album. Give the name of Paisley’s upcoming disc.
8. What is the name of Paisley’s live band?
9. Paisley was an honorary driver at the 53rd Daytona 500. What kind of car did he drive?
10. Darius Rucker will appear as a special guest at Friday’s show. Rucker and Paisley collaborated on a tune that helped Jimmy Kimmel celebrate a day dedicated to a Facebook trend. Name that Kimmel-created holiday.