Mathews Elementary School will dedicate the newly renovated Pitts Chapel School on Feb. 14 at 10 a.m.
The dedication will take place at the Pitts Chapel School located at 7533 Lynch Road. Mathews faculty, staff and PTA raised funds to refurbish the one-room schoolhouse in memory of the late Nancy Housand.
The Pitts Chapel School was built in 1926 and sits next to Mathews. It was in operation until 20 years ago.
The building will now be utilized as a science center.