An early Sunday morning fire has left a LaGrange, Ga. family homeless.
LaGrange firefighters were dispatched at 7:47 a.m. to the house at 405 Hamilton Road. It was the home of John and Derlia McFarland who were not at home at the time.
When firefighters arrived, heavy smoke and flames were showing throughout the front part of the structure. It took firefighters one hour to bring the fire under control.
The owner of the property Josephine Dallas valued the destroyed home at $80,000.
Never miss a local story.
Firefighters determined that the cause of the fire was due to an electrical malfunction in an extension cord that was in the den area.