A fire on the ninth floor caused the evacuation of the Ralston downtown this morning.
Residents were taken across 12th street to First Baptist Church.
Columbus fire marshal Thomas Streeter said a burning mattress was the cause.
The fire was contained to one room but smoke did travel down to the seventh and eighth floor.
Never miss a local story.
"One person was injured and taken to the hospital," Streeter said. "There are possible second and third degree burns but that has not been confirmed."
He said what started the fire is still under investigation.
Ruth Jones is a resident who lives on the eighth floor. She worked to get people on her floor to safety.
"There was no panic or anything like that."