A Columbus pawn shop was damaged in a early morning fire, according to Columbus Fire and EMS officials.
Columbus Fire and Emergency Medical Services Deputy Chief Greg Lang said fire officials received a call about a fire at Georgia Auto Pawn on Veterans Parkway at around 5:10 a.m.
Lang said the rooftop heating and air units caught on fire. The building sustained about $70,000 worth of damage; there was about $25,000 worth of damage to the building's contents.
No one was inside the building at the time of the blaze, but Lang said the business owners might have to rebuild before reopening.
Never miss a local story.
"I would think they would probably have to rebuild, with the fire coming through the roof like that," he said.