A fire at a Peachtree Mall store late Sunday resulted in no injuries, though it did cause moderate smoke damage, Columbus Fire & EMS said.
The fire at Gymboree started about 10:30 p.m. when an exhaust fan in a storage room overheated and nearby boxes caught fire, said Battalion Chief Bryan Watson.
The sprinkler system kept the fire in check until firefighters arrived, though smoke did damage the store. It’s unknown how much, if any, other stores were damaged by the smoke, Watson said.
“All the stores were closed and all the gates were down,” he said.