Firefighters managed to save a 129-year-old Victorian home on Broadway that caught fire Friday afternoon. The two-story, 5,100-square foot house at 727 Broadway was built in 1884, according to city records and was undergoing extensive renovation when the fire occurred.
Firefighters had to cut through the lapboard siding in two places in the rear to gain access to problem areas.
As of 5 p.m., firefighters were packing up their gear and some of the seven firefighting vehicles present were pulling away. Fire Marshal Ricky Shores could not be reached for further details.
Never miss a local story.