An employee with Elite Tree Service was not injured Friday afternoon after the boom of his truck got involved in a high-voltage wire and caught fire, according to an official.
Robert Watkins, a spokesman for Georgia Power who originally thought it was a contractor for his company, said the employee for Elite Tree Services was working along Warm Springs Road trimming trees.
The employee had to jump out of the bucket and climb down a tree when the fire ignited, but Watkins said he was not injured.
The company was doing private work in front of 10829 Warm Springs Road, Watkins said.
Never miss a local story.
The house on the property did sustain fire damage, Watkins said.
“It caught some of the natural gas on fire in the house.” he said. “The fire department discovered it pretty early and got it out.”