Here is a list of 2018 Columbus homicides as determined by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, Muscogee County Coroner Buddy Bryan said:
1. Nancy Johnson, 63, was killed and her 44-year-old daughter was injured Jan. 1 during a shooting at a New Year’s party in the 2900 block of Colorado Street.
2. Nancy Green, 67, was fatally shot Jan. 9 in the 5100 block of Trussell Avenue.
3. Lashay Ford, 24, was killed Jan. 24. in a shooting on Wickham Drive that injured two others.
4. Matthew Grant, 28, was fatally shot in a Jan. 29, in a shooting at Lumpkin Road Apartments at 3351 North Lumpkin Road.
5. Nicholas Xavier Morris, 20, was killed in Feb. 9 shooting in the parking lot of the Lucky Food Mart at 2026 Floyd Road. One other was injured.
6. Darnell Jackson, 38, of Phenix City was fatally shot Feb. 15, 2018, in the 2700 block of Thomas Street.
7. Casey Clark, 29, was found dead March 19 at Greystone Falls Apartments at 1701 Williams Court. Columbus police said she had apartment gunshot wounds, but the coroner said the official cause and manner of death have yet to be determined by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation crime lab in Decatur.
1. Kenneth Moore, 61, was shot Dec. 18 during a home invasion at his Mays Avenue residence. He was died Jan. 1 at Columbus Midtown Medical Center.
Columbus police are waiting for the autopsy reports from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation before determining whether they will rule his death as a homicide.
Note: Moore’s death was listed on Muscogee County Coroner Buddy Bryan's 2018 list of homicides, but Columbus police did not include it on their list. Click here for more information.