What to do with this year's Halloween mask:
1. Stash it away for next year
2. Give it charity for a tax write off
3. Recycle it
What not to do with that use Halloween mask:
1. Try to return it (not gonna happen)
2. Use it to scare the 'tweens during next week's "Twilight: New Moon" release (Because, um, I'll be there)
3. Wear it as a disguise while you rob a series of businesses
That's just what happened over the weekend in Phenix City, by the way.
Police say two men entered the Subway restaurant at 2319 Pierce Road about 10 p.m. Friday and robbed it of an undisclosed amount of cash.
The second robbery occurred about 11:30 p.m. at the Bizzy Bee Mart at 2100 Crawford Road. Again, two men entered the business, Ivey said, and took an undisclosed amount of money.
About 1:15 a.m., Saturday, a pair of men robbed the Big Cat service station at 100 Stagecoach Drive of an undisclosed amount of cash.
In all three cases the robbers wore Halloween masks and dark colored hooded jackets, Ivey said, leaving police to believe these robberies are connected. Ivey did not say what kind of masks they were wearing. I bet they were the "Scream" masks, though. At least that's what I'm picturing.
The good news is that no one was injured during any of the hold ups.
Anyone with information about these crimes is asked to call Phenix City police at 334-448-2836.