A 19-year-old woman reported to police that she believes one of the three suspects accused in the Farr Road attack raped her five years ago, according to a Columbus Police report.
The teen told police last week that the suspect assaulted her when she was 14, while she was at a residence off River Road. The assault occurred on Dec. 4, 2007, according to the report.
Special Victim’s Unit Sgt. Mark Richards said the name of the suspect accused in the teen’s assault will not be released unless charges are filed. The unit is in the beginning stages of investigating that report.
The victim told police she was in the Division of Family and Children’s Services care when the assault occurred. She recognized her assailant after seeing news reports about the three suspects who are accused of what police have called a “very brutal crime.” Her report came a day after one of those suspects was in Columbus Recorder’s Court.
Ketorie Glover, 23, Joey Betrail Garron, 28, and Robert Carl Johnson, 23, face numerous charges including kidnapping, rape, aggravated sodomy and aggravated assault after they allegedly forced a 36-year-old woman into a vehicle after a heated rap battle at a Garden Drive address on Jan. 1.
At a vacant lot 988 Farr Road, all three men sexually assaulted the victim before shooting her eight times, dousing her with gasoline and setting her on fire, according to testimony given during the Feb. 17 hearing. The woman was found crying for help at around 7:40 a.m.
During that hearing, Sgt. Lance Deaton reported the victim was still in “extremely bad shape.” She recently regained consciousness after being in a coma for three weeks, but she is still receiving constant care for her injuries.
“She may never walk again. She may never have the use of her left arm,” Deaton said. “She was in a coma for three weeks. They had to remove part of her lower intestines, and she’s still receiving ’round the clock care.”
Richards said the Special Victim’s Unit has received several calls following the release of the suspect’s photos.
“As soon as we put out those photos, the calls started coming in,” he added.
No other cases related to the suspects are being investigated, however, Richards said. More information will be released as it becomes available.