The Muscogee County School District has released the names of three faculty members superintendent David Lewis is recommending for promotion to assistant principal.
The Muscogee County School Board is scheduled to vote during its July 17 meeting on these promotions:
▪ Kaprice Bentley from academic coach at Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary to assistant principal at MLK.
▪ Ryan Hutson from academic coach at four middle schools (Arnold, Baker, Double Churches and Eddy) to assistant principal at Arnold Magnet Academy.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Jamarious Harris from secondary dean at Shaw High School to assistant principal at Hardaway High School.
The board also is scheduled to vote on Lewis’ pending recommendations to appoint assistant principals at Reese Road Leadership Academy and Columbus High School and the School Improvement Grant administrator at Spencer High School.
Lewis has transferred the following assistant principals, according to the agenda’s personnel report:
▪ Kevin Aviles from Martin Luther King Jr. to East Columbus Magnet Academy.
▪ Melanie Bastien from Reese Road Leadership Academy to South Columbus Elementary School.
▪ Osie Huling from Arnold Magnet Academy to the AIM Program at Edgewood Student Services Center.
▪ Eddie Powell from the AIM Program to Dorothy Height and Fox Elementary Schools.
▪ Michael Tucker from Hardaway High School to Rainey-McCullers School of the Arts.
The board doesn’t vote on transfers.