Arnold Magnet Academy, Hardaway High School, Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School and Reese Road Leadership Academy have new assistant principals.
During its monthly meeting Monday night, the Muscogee County School Board unanimously approved superintendent David Lewis’ recommendation to promote the following faculty members to assistant principal positions:
▪ Ryan Hutson from academic coach at four middle schools (Arnold, Baker, Double Churches and Eddy) to assistant principal at Arnold. Hutson has been an educator for 13 years. He began his teaching career in Muscogee County at Double Churches in August 2004. He has been an academic coach since August 2015.
▪ Jamarious Harris from secondary dean at Shaw High School to assistant principal at Hardaway. Harris has been an educator for seven years. He began his teaching career in Chambers County and started working in Muscogee County in August 2016.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Karprice Bentley from academic coach at MLK to assistant principal at MLK. Bentley has been an educator for eight years. She began her teaching career in Muscogee County at Benning Hills Elementary School in August 2009. She has been an academic coach since August 2015.
▪ Cheryl Hampel from academic dean at Dawson Elementary School to assistant principal at Reese Road. Hampel has been an educator for 17 years. She began her teaching career in Muscogee County at Eastway Elementary School in January 2000. She served as an academic coach from 2008 until her appointment as academic dean at Dawson in August 2016.
Lewis has transferred the following assistant principals, according to the agenda’s personnel report:
▪ Kevin Aviles from MLK to East Columbus Magnet Academy.
▪ Melanie Bastien from Reese Road to South Columbus Elementary School.
▪ Osie Huling from Arnold to the AIM Program at Edgewood Student Services Center.
▪ Eddie Powell from AIM to Dorothy Height and Fox elementary schools.
▪ Michael Tucker from Hardaway to Rainey-McCullers School of the Arts.
The board doesn’t vote on transfers.