AUBURN, Ala. — Thursday morning is upon is, which means time has come for "7 at 7" to take a look at the Auburn's opponent with seven different links.
This week, that means it's time to find out more about LSU. As always, the links come from people who find themselves around the Tigers (well, the other one) far more than I.
Time to get to it.
1. With as many weapons as LSU has an offense, keeping everyone happy isn't the easiest job. But LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron isn't having any issues so far says Glenn Guilbeau.
Never miss a local story.
2. After three non-conference games to begin the season, ESPN.com's Mitch Sherman said LSU is savoring the opportunity to finally face a Southeastern Conference foe this Saturday.
3. Randy Rosetta of NOLA.com (The Times-Picayune's website) writes that fullback Connor Neighbors is starting to make a name for himself after three years toiling in obscurity. The highlight for the senior came on a 52-yard catch and run against Kent State last week.
4. LSU has always had great defensive linemen, and Ego Ferguson is doing his best to keep up that tradition. The junior is LSU's leading tackler (16) through three games and was the SEC's Defensive Player of the Week after his performance against Kent State last Saturday, making eight tackles as well as notching a sack. And this is likely only the beginning for the native of Mims, Fla.
5. Rosetta lists five things to keep an eye on when the pair of Tiger-named squads square off in Tiger Stadium. There is also an embedded video of Rosetta and fellow beat writer Jim Kleinpeter that gives analysis in addition to the five points.
6. Matt Brown of Sports On Earth writes of the "reinvention" of LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger, going in-depth on the five stages of transformation.
7. Freshman running back Jeryl Brazil was issued a summons by campus police after an altercation outside a dining hall last week. Whether he will play this week is still up in the air, since LSU head coach Les Miles refused to comment on Brazil's status Wednesday.
More 7 at 7: