AUBURN, Ala. — It should be old hat by now. If it's Tuesday, it's time for links from around the country.
Let's get to it.
1. Jovon Robinson was once an Auburn Tiger. But after a guidance counselor at his high school admitted she had altered his transcript to ensure his eligibility, Robinson was gone. Now playing at Georgia Military College, the Memphis native is putting up monster numbers that will likely make him one of the most sought-after junior college prospects in the country.
2. Great feature from Travis Johnson of the Centre Daily Times in State College, Pa., on Penn State quarterback Christian Hackenberg. The story tells how Hackenberg's time at Fork Union Military College shaped him into the player and person he is today.
Never miss a local story.
3. A team Auburn is well-acquainted with by now — the Washington State Cougars — has a big opportunity in front of them this weekend, writes Christian Caple of The Spokesman Review.Washington State plays Stanford on Saturday in Seattle, and with it comes the chance to knock off a top-five team.
4. Not that it should come as any surprise, but Clemson sophomore Isaiah Battle will miss this week's game versus Wake Forest after the offensive lineman threw a punch at North Carolina State defensive end Jarvis Byrd last Thursday. Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said the Brooklyn, N.Y., native would face further punishment at practice this week.
5. In another story that should shock no one, former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer said he had no idea that running back Arian Foster was receiving money during his time as a Volunteer.
6. Dallas Morning News writer Chuck Carlton says there is a clear favorite in the Big 12 Conference, and that team is none other than the Baylor Bears.
7. This final link is actually from last week, but it's so good, that shouldn't matter. Texas A&M gave CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman incredible behind-the-scenes access during its week preparing for Alabama, and his story doesn't disappoint. It's a lengthy read, but well-worth your time.
More 7 at 7: