FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — We're a little less than half an hour away from kickoff of today's game between Auburn and Arkansas. Before it starts, here are a few pregame notes from Razorback Stadium.
- After missing much of the week dealing with a family emergency, true freshman corner Johnathan Ford was dressed out and participating in pregame drills.
- Though his status has been up in the air since leaving last week's game with a shoulder injury, quarterback Nick Marshall showed no signs of any distress during pregame drills, running with his fellow signal-callers and tossing the ball back-and-forth with Jeremy Johnson.
- Patrick Miller was dressed out for the first time since the Ole Miss game. The sophomore started the first five games of the season at right tackle, but has missed the past three contests with an undisclosed off-field issue. But despite his return, it doesn't appear Miller will reclaim his spot in the starting lineup, as Avery Young was working the first-team offensive line during blocking drills.
- Tight end Brandon Fulse, who has been handling an off-field (and unknown) issue of his own, was not in uniform.
- The game's opposing head coaches — who have been at-odds since the divergent comments they made at SEC Media Days concerning hurry-up, no-huddle offenses — met for a brief handshake at midfield. The two spoke for approximately 20 seconds before they went their separate ways.
And I had a pregame video from Frank Broyles Field; however, it wasn't cooperating right off the bat. If I can get it resolved prior to kickoff, I'll get it posted.