AUBURN, Ala. — No long intro today.
It's Tuesday, so there are NCAA links to share.
1. Normally I leave Auburn out of all "7 at 7" stories, since it's supposed to be about other teams. But I couldn't help but link to this bowl projection article from Sports Illustrated's Stewart Mandel. I won't spoil where he thinks the Tigers will land so I'll let you find out for yourself.
2. Former South Carolina running back Kenny Miles was shot during a robbery attempt on Monday. Miles had a football ring, a watch and an undisclosed amount of cash on him at the time of the shooting. He was shot in the forearm, but is expected to otherwise be OK.
Never miss a local story.
3. In "Some People's Stupidity Never Ceases to Amaze Me" Dept.: A Miami radio host was fired after calling for a bounty on Florida State defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan. The host in question? Former Hurricane defensive lineman Dan Sileo.
4. But that's far from the worse news for the Hurricanes this week, as they lost starting running back Duke Johnson for the rest of the season after breaking his ankle on Saturday.
5. Arizona State head coach Todd Graham had quite a scare on Sunday. Graham, along with his son, Bo, the team's running backs coach, had the small plane they were flying on plummeted thousands of feet in seconds and forced the pilots to make an emergency landing in Albuquerque, N.M.
6. Michigan offensive lineman Taylor Lewan is being investigated by the Big Ten after a second quarter play in last week's game against Michigan State saw him twist the helmet of safety Isaiah Lewis after the Spartans sacked Wolverine quarterback Devin Gardner. Lewan was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct on the play. He apologized for his actions Monday.
7. Former Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith reportedly met with Southern California recently regarding their vacant position.