AUBURN, Ala. — Reporters were permitted to view a little more than 20 minutes of practice on Tuesday, which marked the fourth session of the spring for Auburn. Here are some thoughts and observations from the open portion of practice.
- Defensive end Elijah Daniel did not participate in practice today. He was in shorts and off to the side, stretching alongside receiver Jaylon Denson.
- The first-team offense continues to alternate players at running back and left tackle. Corey Grant was in the backfield while Shon Coleman repped with the starting offensive line.
- The rest of the running back depth chart: Cameron Artis-Payne was with the second team and Peyton Barber was with the third team.
- As Carl Lawson said Saturday, tackles Montravius Adams and Gabe Wright saw reps at defensive end.
- Justin Garrett, who moved to linebacker during the middle of last season, saw a good bit of time at Star on Tuesday. He continues to move back and forth between weakside linebacker and the hybrid safety position.
- The Tigers didn't lack for punt returners. Eight different players had their shot at returning them Tuesday: Robenson Therezie, Jonathon Mincy, D'haquille Williams, Quan Bray, Jermaine Whitehead, Ricardo Louis, Gray King and Marcus Davis.