AUBURN, Ala. — Reporters were permitted to view approximately 25 minutes of practice on Saturday, which marked the second session of the preseason for Auburn.
- After coach Gus Malzahn announced Friday that quarterback Nick Marshall would not be in the starting lineup for the season opener, the senior signal-caller split first-team reps with true sophomore Jeremy Johnson. During the drills where the Tigers worked on pace, however, Johnson stayed exclusively with the second-team.
- With Alex Kozan out for the season, the five players comprising the first-team offensive line remained the same as Friday: Shon Coleman at left tackle, Chad Slade at left guard, Reese Dismukes at center, Avery Young at right guard and Patrick Miller at right tackle.
- Just as they did in the first practice of fall camp, Auburn's newcomers stayed off to the side for the majority of the open viewing portion.
- The running back depth chart is unchanged, as Cameron Artis-Payne and Corey Grant divvied up the carries with the starting unit while Peyton Barber continued working with the second-team.
- Justin Garrett was standing in as the first-team Star safety-linebacker.
- Wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig, hobbled though he may be while wearing a protective boot, had no issue teaching his players on Friday. In some of the drills that required a bit more movement, he got an assist from Malzahn himself.