AUBURN, Ala. — Reporters were permitted to view approximately 25 minutes of practice on Monday, which marked the fourth session of the preseason for Auburn.
- In perhaps the only real news from the open portion of practice, Austin Golson was not in pads. A native of Prattville, Ala., he transferred from Ole Miss during the offseason in order to be closer to his sick grandparents. The NCAA denied his hardship waiver to play immediately, so he will not be eligible to take the field until 2015.
- Quarterbacks Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson once again split the reps with the first-team offense during drills.
- There was a large group of players who got a chance to field punts: Robenson Therezie, Jonathon Mincy, Marcus Davis, Quan Bray, Johnathan "Rudy" Ford, Markell Boston, Stephen Roberts and Gray King.
- Sunday night, defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson said that Josh Holsey will likely be the starer at boundary corner this fall. But he played boundary safety last year, and should be able to move back there if injuries warrant that this season. Perhaps to keep him up to speed at safety, the Tigers had him taking a few reps at the position Monday.
- On the other hand, there were only two players working on kick returns: running back Corey Grant and receiver Ricardo Louis.
- Former Auburn punter Steven Clark attended the practice. He was recently cut by the Denver Broncos.