- Georgia is now 2-7, by far the worst start in Mark Fox's four years as coach. The losses now include home losses to Iona, Youngstown State and Southern Miss.
- Free throws told the tale: Georgia was 16-for-33 in the second half and overtime, and 6-for-15 in overtime.
- Nemanja Djurisic missed a free throw that would have tied it with three seconds left in overtime. Brandon Morris missed two free throws when Georgia led by three with 71 seconds left. Charles Mann missed a plethora in overtime. And even the sure-handed Kentavious Caldwell-Pope had an 0-for-2 trip in overtime.
Never miss a local story.
- The bright side for Georgia was the freshmen: Mann had a career-high 18 points and seven rebounds, Morris had 12 points and seven rebounds and Kenny Gaines (six points) hit a big shot in the final minute of regulation.
- Starting forward Marcus Thornton missed the game with a recurrence of knee trouble, and Fox didn't have a timetable for his return.