The Columbus State men's golf team was awarded an at-large bid to the 2010 NCAA Division II Men's Golf Championships on Monday.
CSU will play in the Southeast Regional on May 3-5 at Wilson Country Club in Wilson, N.C. The South Regional will be played there simultaneously.
The top five teams and top two individuals not with an advancing team from each regional will go on to the finals, which will be played May 18-21 at The Sagamore Club in Noblesville, Ind.
Here's the breakdown on the regional field, from a CSU press release:
1. Georgia College & State (Peach Belt Conference Automatic)
4. Belmont Abbey (Conference Carolinas Conference Automatic)
6. Queens (NC)
7. Armstrong Atlantic State
9. Columbus State
10. Lincoln Memorial (South Atlantic Conference Automatic)
1. Brad Caldwell (North Greenville)
2. Wade Binfield (Clayton State)
3. Craig Gibson (Georgia Southwestern)
4. Jordan Walor (UNC Pembroke)
2. Florida Southern (Sunshine State Conference Automatic)
3. North Alabama (Gulf South Conference Automatic)
4. West Florida
5. Nova Southeastern`
7. Valdosta State
9. St. Leo
10. Arkansas Tech
1. Ben Cuzen (Henderson State)
2. Chase Smith (Delta State)
3. Bryn Powers (West Georgia)
4. Zach Potter (Florida Tech)
The top five teams and the top two individuals not with an advancing team will advance to the finals on May 18-21 at The Sagamore Club in Noblesville, Ind. The finals will be hosted by the Indiana Sports Corporation, the University of Indianapolis, the Great Lakes Valley Conference, and the Hamilton County Sports Authority.
The 54-hole South/Southeast Regional begins on Monday, May 3, with 18 holes each day through Wednesday, May 5.