The Georgia High School Football Daily hit Class AAA today, and here are some highlights:
- LaGrange has the sixth-toughest schedule in Class AAA and Troup's is No. 10, according to the Maxwell Ratings.
- The Maxwell Ratings picked Carrollton, LaGrange, Troup and Central-Carrollton to make the playoffs from Region 6-AAA, leaving out Columbus and Shaw among others.
- Those same ratings predicted Shaw would finish 3-7 and Columbus 2-8 (again??).
- Shaw is ranked the No. 58 team in Class AAA and Columbus No. 73.
- And someone even asked how Hardaway's schedule could have been slighted a day earlier when compiling the toughest Class AAAA schedules.
Here are some excerpts from the GHSFD newsletter, which is free and pretty awesome to wake up to in your inbox each day, so sign up for it.
Schedule strength Ten hardest schedules in Class AAA:
1. Worth County
3. Crisp County
4. Locust Grove
Easiest schedule: Harlem
Source: Maxwell Ratings
6. Region 6-AAA (Carrollton, LaGrange, Troup, Central-Carrollton)
Predicted final standings
8. Carrollton (9-1)
16. LaGrange (7-3)
22. Troup (5-5)
39. Central, Carrollton (4-6)
55. Shaw (3-7)
65. Haralson County (2-8)
73. Columbus (2-8)
I know Maxwell rated them, but I find it hard to believe Hardaway doesn't have a top 10 toughest schedule. Wow!