Hmmmm . . . guilty pleasures. I've pretty much always got one thing I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I like. Like that one Dave Matthews song or Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and Quantum Leap marathons on the Syfy Channel.
But lately, and this is the first time I'm really admitting this, I really enjoy The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
Here are 5 reasons why (in no particular order):
1) Oh, the drama! I loved Dawson's Creek back in its heyday, but this group of teens puts the Capeside kids to shame. It's like their lives revolve around sex.
2) Leo Boykewich, aka The Sausage King, aka Ben's dad. He's probably one of the few redeeming characters in the show, someone you would actually want to be a part of your family. Not that all the other characters are bad, but this guy just really seems to have his priorities straight.
3) It's fairly predictable. I'm probably quite a bit older than the target audience, but I like the predictability. It's fun and entertaining television.
4) It's on Netflix instant stream. This may be a lame reason, but it's often the first reason I even watch anything at all.
5) And finally, I just don't really know. I've tried to come up with one good reason that I watch this show, but I can't. I don't find the acting to be stellar or the storylines overly compelling. But when my husband's working and I've been studying all day on a Saturday, it's a really nice break. I just like it.
Season four of Secret Life premieres at 8 p.m. March 28 on ABC Family.
Share your favorite guilty pleasure in the comments ... if you're not too embarrassed.