The University of Georgia Cooperative Extension in Columbus offers tips to take out the fear of bacteria ruining the goodies at your Halloween bash.
- Only eat homemade treats if you know who cooked them. Otherwise, stick to factory-wrapped treats.
- When making your own Halloween treats do not taste batter that contains raw eggs.
- Keep perishable foods chilled until serving time.
- Avoid unpasteurized juice and cider. They can contain Salmonella. Only serve and eat pasteurized products.
- Wash your hands before and after you eat.
For more food safety tips, reach the Columbus office of UGA Cooperative Extension at 706-653-4200.