Check your mailbox. And your bank balance.
Property tax bills for Muscogee County are in the mail, and the deadline for paying at least 40 percent of the total due is just seven weeks away.
By Oct. 1, Muscogee residents must pay at least that first installment. Those who put 40 percent down have to pay the remaining 60 percent by Dec. 1. Those who pay nothing by Oct. 1 may be charged a penalty and interest on the total due.
If you don't get a tax bill or need more information, call Muscogee Tax Commissioner Lula Lunsford Huff's office at 706-653-4211.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Ledger-Enquirer