Local

No one in injured in apartment fire

No one was injured in a Tuesday evening apartment fire on Moon Road, said Deputy Fire Chief Greg Lang.

Firefighters responded to a call of an apartment fire at 7840 Moon Road, Apt. 127, at 5:25 p.m. When they arrived, however, the blaze had already been extinguished by a ceiling-mounted sprinkler, Lang said.

Investigators determined improperly discarded smoking materials left unattended in one of the bedrooms had ignited the bed. Approximately $1,000 in personal content was lost in the short-lived fire. The bedroom also sustained additional water damage, Lang said.

Lang advised smokers and non-smokers alike to be vigilant when handling and discarding potentially flammable material.

  Comments