Local

House fire causes $7,000 in damages

A Columbus woman cooking in her kitchen apparently left the stove unattended Tuesday evening, resulting in a fire that caused an estimated $7,000 damage.

Fire Marshal Greg Lang said Wednesday that the call came in at 7:12 p.m. for a home fire at 4713 Estonia St. near St. Mary's Road. He said the fire was restricted to the kitchen area and was quickly brought under control. No injuries were reported.

Damages of $5,000 were estimated to the structure and $2,000 to the contents.

  Comments