A Wednesday morning fire that caused an estimated $12,000 damage to a residence at 3409 17th Ave., Columbus, is being attributed to an electrical problem.
The fire originated at the floor level of the two-story rental house, moved up the bedroom wall and vented out a window, said Sgt. Kevin Nixon, fire investigator with Columbus Fire & Emergency Medical Services. It was confined to the bedroom.
The call came in at 6:08 a.m. The first unit arrived at 6:13 a.m. and the last truck left at 7:22 a.m., Nixon said. Damages included about $10,000 to the structure and $2,000 to the contents.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.