Local

LaGrange fire displaces 15 families

Fifteen families in LaGrange, Ga. have been displaced after an early morning fire on Monday destroyed a 16-unit building at the Versailles Apartments at 1246 Moody Road.

There were no occupants injured but firefighter Dustin Dunn was transported to the hospital after he fell through a floor.

He was treated and released.

A cat was rescued in one apartment unit by Lt. Ken Edgemon.

The firefighters got the call at 2:37 a.m.

Twenty-five firewfighters battled the blaze for two hours.

Damages are estimated at $900,000.

The fire began in Apartment 47 and the cause was determined to be a stove fire.

  Comments