The LaGrange, Ga., home of Chantel Neese was seriously damaged by fire on July 10.
The estimated cost of the damage was $65,000 including property and content.
The call came at 3:42 p.m. Though the firefighters were able to get the blaze under control in about 20 minutes, it wasn't easy because heavy rain and lightning.
Cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Ledger-Enquirer
The American Red Cross helped the family.